The chances are you’ve seen our new Cali Burrito blow up on social media this past week. It currently has over 5.3k likes and 4.2k comments. It’s safe to say that it’s riding waves all over your news feed, and all we can say is – cowabunga!
On the outside, it just looks like a regular burrito, but on the inside – it’s a complete game changer! So we thought we’d show you what’s going on inside this delicious new item.
Open wide, come inside – it’s Cali Burrito!
1. Like any regular burrito, we start with a fresh, fluffy tortilla wrap.
2. Normally, we’d start by laying down a bed of white or brown rice with a side of black beans. But not with the Cali! We take a cup of our skin-on-real-potato fries and place them evenly across the tortilla wrap. These aren’t just any fries though – they’re tossed in our signature Chipotle seasoning. This seasoning adds a brand new Mexican twist to French Fries.
3. Then we add a filling of your choice:
– Grilled Chicken
– Pulled Pork
– Grilled Steak
– Slow Cooked Beef
– Pan Seared Barramundi
– Sautéed Vegetables with Guacamole (Vegetarian)
4. We top off this filling with a salsa of your choice. Tomatillo salsa for spicy and roasted tomato salsa for mild.
Here’s where it gets really good. Because you know those ‘extras’ in a regular burrito? Yeah, those are free in a Cali!* You’re still able to remove them, but if you sour cream, cheese and guac, it’s already included!
5. Depending on your spice preferences, we then add sour cream for those who like it mild and chipotle crema for all our Spice Girls (and Spice Guys) out there!
6. The whole burrito is then evenly sprinkled with a handful of Jack Cheese.
7. We then layer the burrito with our freshly-made Pico De Gallo – a delicious, zesty salsa made from chopped tomatoes, onions, coriander and lime juice!
8. To top it all off, we cover the burrito with a few spoonfuls of our legendary guacamole – for free. Yes! FREE!
9. Time to wrap it up!
You’re left with what looks like a regular burrito…
But take a bite and you’ll find yourself in a whole new world. The outer crunch of the fries and their fluffy potatoes insides create a completely new texture to the traditional burrito. Not to mention the Chipotle seasoning, which adds a brand new layer of Mexican flavours to our legendary burritos!
The Cali Burrito has to be tasted to be believed. So if you’re California dreaming on winter’s day, get down to your local GYG and try the Cali today!
* Grilled Steak and Slow Cooked Beef will still be charged at an extra $50c. Free extras in the Cali burrito are limited to one serving of Jack Cheese, Sour Cream, Chipotle Cream and Guacamole.